Plains of soil of clay with light gravel around Courthézon/Orange
- 50% Syrah
- 50% Merlot
- 18-25 days of vatting in stainless steel tanks.
- Pigeage, pump-over with temperature control (max 28°C).
- Ageing of 6-8 months in tanks before bottling.
- Dark purplish colour.
- Intense nose of black currant, and red berries with light floral notes.
- Velvet sensation on the palate, nicely balanced for a pleasant meal.
SERVICE AND PAIRING
- Ideal: 15°C
- Terrine of pheasant, or roasted rabbit
- Marinated chicken with salad